Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Virginia Beach















Well this past weekend we went to mom's house to check it out and see the beach. Her condo is really nice I love the layout. It doesn't seem like home but she is still working on it. I guess home will always be at Churchill Drive. It felt weird walking into it the first time and she said this is home. I loved the view. We took Lady our older Chi with us and she was so funny. I have never ever seen her act so happy and full of life. As soon as we got back home Sunday she went back into her shell. Poor dog. So this is how the weekend panned out. CRAZY CRAZY is all I can say. So I don't get into the bed until 12am Thursday nite and then have to get up at 6:30 to be at work by 8am cause my coworker is having to work on the truck Friday. So work all day till 4:30 get off fly home get everything ready and packed and wait on Donnovan to get home at 7pm. We load the car he takes a shower and we finally get to leave at 8:30. So then we have to stop and get dinner so we are out of Charlotte at 9pm. I drive all nite we finally get to moms at around 3:15am get unpacked and stay up till 4am. Go to bed then I am up at 7:30 up and ready to go well I am the only one up and ready to go. So finally everyone starts waking up and we get ready and go to the beach around 11:30. It is hot as you know what heat index is 106. But the kids had fun and the wind was blowing a bit so it wasn't totally unbearable. Of course we had to pack the kitchen with us to take. LOL (you know mom) The boys stayed in the ocean from 12pm till 5pm and played non stop. They came up and ate a sandwich and went back they were wore out by the time we left and that nite they didn't feel like doing anything but sleeping and resting. But no we didn't let them we took them back down to the boardwalk and they road a couple of rides and then back to the house. I think we wore mom and Don out after we left they had to take a nap. So we slept really good Saturday nite after we got back. DaShun got sick in the middle of the nite from all the heat and excitement and lack of sleep. So we left at 3pm to come back home Sunday and feel out. We took the kids home Monday morning and stopped by Waffle House and had breakfast. Jasmine started drivers ed Monday and per her instructor she did great and can get her permit Friday. YEAH YEAH!!!!! So this was our trip the next time I am going to go for a long weekend while Donnovan is on a long trip. I will miss having him go with me but we can't do those trips like that is was to stressful and tiring. Until next time peace love and happiness always!!!!

1 comment:

Josh and Heather said...

I'm jealous you all got together and had fun on the beach. Sounds great! I don't know how those boys had energy to be in the ocean that long. Whew. The pics looked pretty, just wish they were a little bigger :) so I could see the people better. Glad you guys made it. You need to work on getting more sleep!!! Love you.